Improving SEO for a composite deck company.
- Decking client had long wait list due to high demand.
- Needed new, experienced employees to deliver great customer experience.
- MINDSCAPE took on the challenge.
Armadillo Deck is a company that specializes in designing and manufacturing composite decking products for outdoor spaces. Their unique product line offers durable and sustainable decking solutions that are made from 100% recycled materials. Armadillo Decking products are designed to withstand the harsh outdoor elements, and their low maintenance requirements make them an attractive choice for homeowners and commercial property owners alike.
Armadillo Deck partnered with MINDSCAPE to improve the performance of their digital marketing. We assumed responsibility for creating content, managing their paid digital campaigns and maintaining their WordPress-powered website.
- Lower wait times
- Increase applications and new hires
- Improve the process for vetting new candidates
Drive high-quality applicants to a Green Shield Application page. .
To keep up with demand, Green Shield needed our help doing three things:
1. Driving qualified candidates to their website.
2. Increasing the number of applications received.
3. Making the process for vetting candidates quick and easy.
If we could achieve these three things, we could help them reach their overall goals of hiring new employees, decreasing their wait list, and recognizing more revenue.
- Tight timeline
- Lack of knowledge on how to reach audience
- Defined budget
Armadillo was getting traffic, but only from visitors who were already familiar with them.
One of our tasks was to improve the quality and quantity of their website traffic. Looking at historical performance data from Google Search Console, we saw that the overwhelming majority of organic traffic was from branded search terms such as “armadillo deck.” This meant we were only attracting traffic that was already familiar with Armadillo. We set out to increase traffic from non-branded search terms and draw new prospects to the site.
We did our keyword research and since we know that cost is an important factor in a purchase decision, we set out to improve performance for terms associated with “composite deck cost.” When we began our work, Armadillo had zero sessions from these terms.
- Use radio and social ads to drive awareness
- Create a simple and quick “pre application” form to make it easy for candidates to apply, and for Green Shield to vet them
- Create a pop-up to direct users from the Green Shield home page to the “pre-application” page
Drive traffic with problem-based keywords. Pay it off with an incredible tool.
Since decking costs vary by market, we worked with the client to determine a cost range, a floor and a ceiling for our estimates. Using our favorite form tool, Gravity Forms, we created a simple cost calculator that asked visitors to answer a few simple questions about their desired deck. Our form did the math and returned a cost range with a low-end and high-end cost. To receive the calculator results, we asked users to share their email address, so that our new page didn’t just drive increased traffic, it also drove an increase in leads.
- 11K Search Impressions
- 5,625% increase in sessions for target search term
- Over 1300 leads (an increase from 0).
More applicants than they know what to do with.
We launched the new page in late October of 2022. Our first win was awareness. In the year following launch, we drove 111K impressions for Armadillo on Search Engine Page Results (SERP). Our second win was traffic: We saw sessions from this term climb 5,625%. Our final win was in lead generation. In the first year, we went from no leads to more than 1300 from that single page.
Other case studies you might like…
Get a free assesment. Schedule a meeting to talk about your project with Amanda Brand.